Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaning (DPF Cleaning)
As you are reading this page most probably means that you are one of the many people that contact us every day with a blocked Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF)
The good news is that if we can solve the problem for you, in a cost effective way saving you from main dealer prices!
What we do:
- The first thing we do is identify the cause of your DPF becoming blocked using the latest diagnostic equipment.
- We then advise you how we can fix the problem; you will be advised of the cost before we proceed with any repairs that may be necessary.
- We can then clean your DPF if necessary, this is not always required. We do this by following a multi stage specialist process which we have tried and tested to get the best results
- Reset any error codes using the same procedures that the main dealers use.
- Perform an emergency regeneration and ensure that the complete DPF system is operating correctly so the problem won't happen again.
How much does it cost:
To start with we will need to carry out some diagnostics on your vehicle to understand why the DPF is not working correctly. Typically this will take us an hour so you will be charged £72 per hour for this. If we find anything else as part of this diagnostic check that need to be repaired we will always tell you before we proceed.
We can then clean most DPF’s for £349.50; included in this price we will reset the soot level calculation in the ECU if necessary.
Why do you need to clean your DPF:
There is a point when the soot levels can get so high that your DPF will be unable to self clean anymore through the normal regenerations process. When this happens the ECU in your vehicle will not allow your DPF to regenerate anymore due to the risk of fire; the engine management system will trigger and your vehicle will go into limp mode to protect itself. The cleaning method that we use will allow even the most badly sooted DPF's to be cleaned; once we have done this your vehicle will be returned to its normal working condition.
If you damage the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) so it is beyond repair it can be costly to replace. The average replacement cost is £1500; or even substantially more. Therefore the cost to clean the filter is both more cost effective and safer for you and the vehicle if a dirty filter resulted in a fire.
This is a picture of a shiny new DPF.
This is a picture showing the result of soot build up and just how badly blocked the DPF can become!
We can also offer advice and specialist products that can reduce the build up of soot in the first place, just ask when you bring your vehicle in for further information.
As diagnostic & tuning specialists; we are also able to offer specialist advice and assistance on improving the performance of your vehicle or to assist with any other queries you may have.
We hope that you have found this information useful; however if you have any questions or would like to take advantage of this service please contact us.
Phone: 01327 811001